Are you ready to take control of your life? If you’ve tried all the latest diets and fitness trends, but haven’t achieved your health and weight loss goals, we’re here to help!
Our highly trained team of weight management and bariatric caregivers are dedicated to providing guidance and education throughout your weight loss journey. Weight loss can pose many challenges, and may even seem daunting and impossible at times, but our team is here to help you achieve your goals. Our physicians and caregivers will first create an individualized and comprehensive plan that includes nutrition counseling, physical therapy and coaching, a medically supervised diet, as well as three different surgical options.
Surgery is a life changing event, and should not be taken lightly. Our team will review each surgical option in depth and will discuss the risks associated with each. It is important to remember that surgical weight loss is not the ultimate solution, and will require diligence and commitment to weight loss goals. Our physicians and caregivers will be there to provide direction and support every step of the way.
After meeting to discuss individual needs and goals, we’ll discuss the different treatment options available, including:
- Physician supervised Optifast program - a non-surgical weight loss program that combines support, counseling, lifestyle changes, and medical monitoring.
- Personal training
- Overall exercise health assessment
- Body composition analysis
- Personalized exercise plan
- Group fitness classes
- Nutrition and wellness counseling
- Intensive behavioral therapy
- Preventative medicine counseling
Though it depends on your specific circumstances and health concerns, most patients lose weight within the first two weeks and continue to reduce their weight as they continue on their eating plans and behavioral counseling. Including exercise in day-to-day life can also help speed up rate of weight loss. The length of time on a weight loss program depends on the specific program, identified weight loss goal, and each individuals motivation. There is no "quick fix" to weight loss, and our comprehensive programs provides the tools and resources to succeed, including: behavior modification and counseling and exercise recommendations.
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic gastric band
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
Bariatric surgery is a life-changing procedure and it is important to have reasonable weight loss surgery expectations. Not only can it eliminate most serious health risks associated with obesity, but the results often provide an improved self-image, renewed confidence and increased energy. However, weight-loss surgery is a major operation, and it’s not for everyone. We believe surgery is just one part of making a successful change. That’s why we provide education and support before, during and after your surgery. Not all programs give you this level of support.
Qualifications for bariatric surgery in most areas include:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- BMI ≥35-40 you must have at least one of the following obesity-related co-morbidities such as type II diabetes, hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea, cardiovascular disease, hyperlipidemia, arthropathy of spine/weight bearing joints, or gastrointestinal reflux disease
- BMI ≥ 40, you do not need to have any obesity related co-morbid conditions
- You must be prepared to attend regular follow-up sessions and make lifestyle changes
- You may need to complete a physician supervised weight loss program for 3-6 months