Regional Health News Media Facilitation Guidelines
News Media - The following is a summary of Regional Health media guidelines process. Please share the following with your news team. If you have questions or concerns, call the Regional Health Strategic Marketing and Communications Department at 605-755-9100.
- News Media Facilitation Weekdays - News media requests will be fulfilled by the Regional Strategic Marketing and Communications Department from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- News Release Stories, Photos, Videos - If you would like to conduct interviews, take photographs or shoot video based on a Regional Health news release, please call the phone number on the release and ask for the listed contact person as he/she will facilitate the request.
- Original Stories, Photos, Videos - If you have an original story, photography, video request, please call 605-755-9100 and ask for the communications manager.
- Nights, Weekends & Holidays - Only URGENT news (no features) requests will be fulfilled by the Strategic Marketing and Communications Department after business hours, on the weekend, and on holidays. (Exception - We will continue to facilitate New Year's Baby requests.) All urgent requests should be made by calling 605-755-1000 and asking the Rapid City Regional Hospital operator to utilize the Strategic Marketing and Communications Calling Tree.
- Condition Reports - (Media must call with name of patient to obtain report.)
- Rapid City Regional Hospital - The Regional Health Strategic Marketing and Communications Department facilitates these requests, M-F, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 605-755-9100. After hours, weekends, and holidays - please call Rapid City Regional Hospital at 605-755-1000 and ask the operator to forward your call to the Hospital Coordinator.
- Custer, Lead-Deadwood, Spearfish, & Sturgis Regional Hospitals - News Media can call these facilities directly for patient condition reports at all times; ask for the charge nurse.