RAPID CITY, S.D. (July 29, 2018) – It took just 26 minutes for the winning rubber duck to race down Rapid Creek from West Main to Memorial Park, earning a $5,000 cash prize for Louis Cisterino. Because of recent rains, Rapid Creek is running especially high this summer, which propelled the 16,000 ducks downstream in what could be record time.
In all, 29 prizes were awarded to supporters of the Children’s Miracle Network, the Great Black Hills Duck Race and the Regional Health Foundation. The winners:
- Louis Cisterino, Rapid City, $5,000 cash from Rapid City Area McDonald’s.
- Janice Gruber, Custer, $3,000 gift card from Big D.
- Tim & Deb Frost, Rapid City, $2,500 cash from Skyline Engineering.
- Kevin Palaski, Rapid City, $1,500 cash from Dakota Radiology.
- Jeanette Czywczynski, Rapid City, $1,000 cash from Coca-Cola.
- Cassie Bobzin, Rapid City, $1,000 cash from Barrow, Hanley, Mewhinney & Strauss.
- Betty Downs, Black Hawk, $1,000 cash from Scull Construction Services.
- Angela Newberg, Spokane, Wash., $1,000 cash from US Bank.
- Roxanne William, Rapid City, $1,000 merchandise certificate from Pool & Spa Center.
- Mark Shuh, Rapid City, $1,000 merchandise certificate from Riddle’s Jewelry.
- Aggie Larson, Spearfish, $700 cash from Med5 Credit Union.
- Terri Upward, Rapid City, $500 cash from Black Hills Community Bank.
- Tonya Walters, Rapid City, $500 cash from Black Hills Insurance.
- Marian Johnson, Hill City, $500 cash from Rapid City Does Drove No. 33.
- Ryan Stenkamp, Rapid City, $500 cash from US Bank.
- Annie Halford, Rapid City, $500 cash from Dakota Radiology.
- Rita Tillinghast, Custer, $500 travel voucher from Bursch Travel.
- Laurie Behrens, Sturgis, $500 shopping spree from Family Fare.
- Fay Hauk, Philip, $300 cash from US Bank.
- Amber Bailey, Rapid City, $260 cash from Ben Tubbs.
- Karen Geiman, Hill City, $250 cash from Dakota Radiology.
- Kathy Sarvis, Box Elder, $250 cash from Dakota Radiology.
- Susan Bawdon, Custer, $250 shopping spree from Family Fare.
- Lexi Soesbe, Rapid City, $250 shopping spree from Family Fare.
- Krista Freytas, Rapid City, $250 gift card from Scheels.
- Michael Crook, Rapid City, a year’s supply of Land O’Lakes ice cream, valued at $250.
- Dorothy Parfrey, Buffalo, $115 Strider bike from Strider Sports International.
- Nicole McIntyre, Rapid City, $115 Strider bike from Strider Sports International.
- Brook Brown, Rapid City, $100 cash from Western Mailers.
A final tally on how much money was raised for the Children’s Miracle Network wasn’t available on Sunday. However, the Regional Health Foundation estimated donations in the past 28 years of the Great American Duck Race have totaled $2.3 million.
For more information about CMN or the Great Black Hills Duck Race, call Shawn Powers, Children’s Miracle Network program coordinator for the Regional Health Foundation, at 605-755-9192 or visit regionalhealth.org/cmn.
Regional Health is an integrated health care system with the purpose of helping patients and communities live well. The organization, headquartered in Rapid City, provides community-based health care covering 32 specialty areas of medicine in more than 20 communities in two states. Regional Health is comprised of five hospitals, 25 clinics and more than 5,000 physicians and caregivers. Regional Health hospitals in Rapid City, Spearfish and Sturgis have been rated as four-star hospitals by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. For more information, visit regionalhealth.org.
Strategic Marketing and Communications